- Conditions: The lake is officially ICE FREE. Water is slightly murky due to run off. Majority of the snow around the lake has melted off. All boat ramps are open and you can drive to all 4 marinas; Strawberry, Soldier Creek, Aspen Grove, and Renegade.
- Species: Kokanee
- Fishing is: Great
- Location: Soldier Creek
- Depth: 15′ – 23′
- What to use: Pink and silver flasher, with a pink squid tipped with a pink Berkley maggot.
- Technique: Trolling at .9 MPH to 1.2 MPH.
- Additional Comments: Kokanee fishing has a learning curve. We recommend using down riggers for best results, but leaded line can also be used.
- Species: Rainbow & Cutthroat Trout
- Fishing is: Slow
- Location: Anglers are reporting success on the Soldier Creek side.
- Depth: fishing in about 15′ – 20′ of water.
- What to use: Corn yellow powerbait on a treble hook.
- Technique: Bait fishing from a boat is best, although trout fishing is currently pretty slow.