Conditions: Winter is here with a high of 32°f and a low of 8°f for the week. Ice is forming slowly. The edges are still pretty thin and the main body is open water. Several people have been ice fishing in the smaller bay around the marina.
- Fishing is: Slow
- What to use: For kokanee use the same set up you would in the open water. Example a flashing dodger with a 8″-12″ leader line pink squid, tipped with a Berkley maggot.
- Additional Comments: Kokanee tend to be in deep water so we might need to wait a little longer until we can get father out on the ice.
Species: Rainbow & Cutthroat Trout
- Fishing is: Very Good
- Location: Strawberry and Soldier Creek
- What to use: White tube Jig tipped with a worm.
- Additional Comments: Several people have been ice fishing in the smaller bays as well as Mudd Creek.