Conditions: Ice conditions have significantly improved in the last couple of weeks. The entire lake is frozen over with minimal slush. We are finding 8-12 inches of ice at most accessible areas along the shoreline. Most are fishing on the west side of the lake where the ice is thickest.
- Fishing is: Slow
- What to use: For kokanee use the same setup you would in the open water. For example, a flashing dodger with an 8″-12″ leader line pink squid, tipped with a Berkley maggot.
- Additional Comments: Kokanee tends to be in deep water so we might need to wait a little longer until we can get farther out on the ice.
Species: Rainbow & Cutthroat Trout
- Fishing is: Very Good
- Location: Strawberry and Soldier Creek
- What to use: White or pink colored tube Jig tipped with a worm.
- Additional Comments: Good luck out there and more importantly be safe.